Monday, August 28, 2006

WindowsXP Tip of the Moment/XP Why?

I guess I am getting lazy at my advancing age, but this seems like a great way to edit your WindowsXP registry, without actually opening up a dos prompt. The most common features are addressed in the FAQ. Basicly, if you don't know what it is, don't mess with it. One you wouldn't think of, is the delete pagefile feature. Setting it to delete on auto will hang your computer upon shutdown for at least a minute or two, so unless complete privacy is a sticking point with you, don't click on this feature. I have tried the program out, and a lot of the settings, especially the one's I really wanted, didn't take. Basically, if you want to try to edit Windows to remove all the ignorant things Microsoft has embedded into your os, without the hassle of manually editing your registry, this is for you. If you are confused at this point, or don't really know what I am talking about, then please disavow any knowledge of this conversation.
Have a day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home